You can monetize long-form YouTube videos easily through ads, but how to make money with short-form YouTube videos (Shorts). This post from MiniTool uTube Downloader pays attention to the question and discusses YouTube Shorts monetization below.
YouTube launched the Shorts feature that allows creators to create and upload short-form videos to YouTube to eat a piece of the short-form video pie. You may have tried this feature and wondered how to make money with Shorts. Here’s how.
YouTube Shorts Monetization
YouTube Shorts are short-form videos that are less than 60 seconds in length, not enough time to advertise, and these videos play one by one, leaving little room for advertising. Therefore, it is not reasonable and impossible to make money with these videos through ads. Well, how to make money with Shorts?
To drive YouTube Shorts monetization, YouTube created Shorts Fund and launched it in 2021. The fund will distribute $100 million to Shorts creators in 2021 and 2022.
YouTube explained, every month, it will select thousands of eligible creators to claim a payment from the Shorts Fund, and these creators can make anywhere from $100 to $10,000 based on viewership and engagement of their Shorts.
So, reading here, you may have a clear answer to the question “how to make money with Shorts”. To realize YouTube Shorts monetization, you need to be an eligible creator and try to promote your viewership and engagement of your videos.
Well, another two questions are generated: how to become an eligible creator and how to prompt viewership and engagement of your videos. Keep reading.
YouTube has revealed how an eligible creator should be in its YouTube Help website. To be eligible for a bonus from the YouTube Shorts Fund, you should obey the following rules:
- Channels need to have uploaded at least one eligible Shorts in the last 180 days.
- Channels need to abide by YouTube’s Community Guidelines, copyright rules, and monetization policies.
- Channels uploading videos with watermarks or logos from third-party social media platforms, non-original videos (for example, unedited clips from movies or TV shows), or videos re-uploaded from other creators’ channels will not be eligible.
- Creators must be 13 or older in the United States or the age of majority in their country/region.
- Creators 13-18 years old must have a parent r guardian accept terms and set up an AdSense account for payment when one is not already linked to their channel.
Apart from these rules, the creator must be in one of these countries/regions:
Then, how to get more views on YouTube? The 12 tips could be useful.
Read the post first if you plan to make a YouTube Shorts video. It introduces two important factors about YouTube Shorts creation: length and resolution.
You can make money with YouTube Shorts from the Shorts Fund if you become an eligible creator. As for how to become an eligible creator, all the key points have been displayed in this post, and you can check them one by one.
Well, that’s all about YouTube Shorts monetization. If you still have some doubts about how to make money with Shorts, please let us know through the following comment zone. If you eat a piece of Shorts Fund pie, please share your success with us.