YouTube video tag is a keyword that you can use to help the platform identify your content and make it easier for viewers to know what your video is about. Can you see YouTube tags? How to see YouTube tags? The following content will answer these questions for you.
If you also need a YouTube video downloader for offline watching, you can try this free and safe tool: MiniTool uTube Downloader.
MiniTool uTube DownloaderClick to Download100%Clean & Safe
As a YouTube content creator, sometimes you may struggle to select tags for your videos. For inspiration, can you see YouTube tags other creators used? How to see YouTube tags? While YouTube doesn’t display video tags publicly, there are 3 effective ways to see them.
How to See YouTube Tags with Web Browser
This is a manual method without any third-party app or online tools. Let’s follow these steps to see how to see tags of any YouTube video:
Step 1. Go to the watch page of a video.
Go to a web browser and launch YouTube. Get to this page and find a video to watch on YouTube, or click on a video URL directly, and go to the watch page.
Step 2. Right-click on the page and view the page source.
Once you are on the watch page for the video you want to see the tags of, then you need to navigate to the source code for the page. You can do this by right-clicking on the page and selecting the “View page source” option. As shown in the image below:
Step 3. Press Ctrl + F on your keyboard and search for keywords
After clicking the “View page source” option, you will notice that you are brought to a page containing lines of code. You won’t need to scroll through this code to find what you’re looking for. Just hit Ctrl + F on your keyword and type “keywords” into a search box that pops up.
Step 4. View the tags used for the video
After typing the word “keywords” into the search bar, you can see the keywords section of the code. Here, you will be able to see the tags that the YouTube video author used.
How to See YouTube Tags with Third-party App
You can also see the tags of a YouTube Video on your Android device. In this method, we will use a third-party app – Tag You. So, you need to download and install this app on your Android device. Just follow the guide below:
- Download and install the Tag You app on your Android Device.
- Open your YouTube video in your device browser and copy the YouTube video URL, for which you want to see used tags.
- Open the TagYou application on your mobile device.
- Select Get Tags From URL on this app’s page.
- Paste the YouTube video URL copied above.
Now, you will see the tags of this video has.
What is a YouTube Handle? What can YouTube handles do? What are the specifications of creating a YouTube handle and how to create it?
How to See YouTube Tags with Browser Extension
You can also use the online or browser extension for this purpose. Here, we will do this with TubeBuddy. This is a free video SEO, browser extension tool for YouTubers to manage their channels. Once you install this free tool on your browser, you’ll get the video tags in a second.
It’s a YouTube-certified tool, therefore it’s completely safe to use.
1. Go to the TubeBuddy website(https://www.tubebuddy.com/) and install this extension tool on your browser.
2. After you install and sign in, you will see a small icon on your YouTube interface. It means TubeBuddy is installed properly on your browser.
3. Head to YouTube.com and play the video of whatever you want. See the “Videolytics” suggestion on the right side provided by TubeBuddy.
4. Scroll down the “Videolytics” details, and you’ll see the YouTube tags used by that video.
You may also be interested in: How to Tag People in Google Photos Manually & Remove Tags?
You now know how to see YouTube tags. Keep in mind: you should never directly copy the tags from a video and use them for yours. Viewing the tags of other videos is a great way to inspire you. Just try one of these methods and start gathering tags for your videos!