Deezer and YouTube Music are two of the most popular music streaming services. In this post on MiniTool Video Converter, we will look at an overall comparison of Deezer vs YouTube Music. By the end of it, you should have a better idea of which one suits your needs and budget.
Nowadays, music streaming services are the most commonly used method for listening to music online. These services provide a vast selection of songs, playlists, podcasts, and other features to cater to various tastes and preferences. However, with numerous options available, deciding which service to use can be challenging, especially when comparing Deezer vs YouTube Music.
In this article, we will compare the pricing and plans, pros and cons, sound quality, and other factors that may impact your decision when choosing between these two popular music streaming services.
In this post, we will show you how to upload music to YouTube Music on your computer and how to view & manage your uploads on any device.
Deezer vs YouTube Music: What Are They
Deezer is a music streaming platform from France that has been around since 2007. It allows you to listen to over 90 million songs, playlists, podcasts, and radio channels online or offline. And Deezer also offers personalized recommendations, lyrics, and exclusive content. It’s available on various devices, including the web, Android, iOS, and Windows Phone.
While YouTube Music is a newer music streaming service launched in 2018 as a replacement for Google Play Music. It’s available in 95 countries and boasts a catalog of over 100 million songs and music videos. What’s especially cool about YouTube Music is that it integrates with YouTube’s vast library of user-generated content, live performances, covers, remixes, and more.
Deezer vs YouTube Music: Pricing & Plans
Deezer provides users with two subscription plans: Premium and Family. Premium costs $10.99/month and allows you to stream music in 320 kbps MP3 quality, download songs for offline listening, skip unlimited tracks, and access exclusive content. Family costs $17.99/month and gives you up to six individual accounts, all with Deezer Premium benefits including High Fidelity sound.
YouTube Music has three main subscription plans: Premium, Family, and Student. Premium costs $10.9/month and allows you to stream music ad-free, download songs for offline listening, play music in the background, and access YouTube Premium features such as ad-free videos and YouTube Originals. Family is $16.99/month for up to six accounts for your family members. If you’re a student, you can subscribe to its Student Plan, which will cost you $5.49/month.
Why is YouTube Premium not working? Why is YouTube Premium background play not working? Why is your YouTube Premium family plan not working?
Deezer vs YouTube Music: Pros and Cons
Both Deezer and YouTube Music have their own pros and cons. The following are some of the main ones:
Pros of Deezer
- Available in more countries than YouTube Music
- Offers CD-quality FLAC streams
- Has built-in lyrics feature
- Has a personalized radio service called Flow
- Has more non-music content such as podcasts
Cons of Deezer
- Does not offer music videos
- Has a smaller music catalog than YouTube Music
- Has a higher price than YouTube Music
Pros of YouTube Music
- Offers music videos as well as audio tracks
- Has a larger music catalog than Deezer
- Has more user-generated content than Deezer
- Has a lower price than Deezer
- Includes YouTube Premium features, such as ad-free videos and YouTube Originals
Cons of YouTube Music
- Available in fewer countries than Deezer
- Does not have built-in lyrics feature
- Has less non-music content than Deezer
Can you add multiple videos to a playlist on YouTube? How to add many videos to a playlist on YouTube? How to save the playlist with multiple videos on YouTube?
Deezer vs YouTube Music: Which One Should You Choose
YouTube Music vs Deezer: which one should you choose? Deezer or YouTube Music? The choice between Deezer and YouTube Music largely depends on your personal preferences, needs, and budget.
Deezer is a better choice for you if you:
- Want a more diverse and global selection of music
- Prefer lossless sound quality
- Enjoy curated content and recommendations
- Like to view lyrics and sing along
YouTube Music is a better choice for you if you:
- Want a more video-centric approach to music streaming
- Need a simple and minimalist interface
- Enjoy user-generated content and covers
- Want to switch between audio and video mode
Deezer vs YouTube Music: which music streaming service is better? Ultimately, the best way to determine which service is right for you is to try them both out for free and see which one you prefer. You can easily switch between the two at any time if you change your mind or want to explore new options.