According to a recent YouTube report, the number of users earning over $100,000 on the platform has increased by more than 40 percent annually. I have to say, making money on YouTube is exciting. Try using MiniTool software to make a cool YouTube video and step into your YouTube monetization road.
YouTube monetization is the process of earning money from your uploaded YouTube videos by enabling ads on them.
In order to be eligible for monetization of your channel, you must prove that your position and authority is significant in YouTube by achieving YouTube Partner Program requirements: at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time in the last 12 months. And you must obey the YouTube monetization rules as follows:
- Your content is advertiser-friendly.
- You created the content or have permission to use it commercially.
- You are able to provide documentation proving you own commercial rights to all audio and videos.
- Your content complies with YouTube Partner Program policies, YouTube’s Terms of Service, and Community Guidelines.
- YouTube reserves the right to disable monetization for accounts that do not follow its guidelines.
When your channel becomes popular and gets regular traffic, it becomes profitable for businesses and they are willing to pay to advertise on your videos. Businesses pay YouTube for advertising and YouTube in turn shares a part of that revenue with you. This is how monetization works. However, are you really monetized on YouTube?
Is Your YouTube Channel Fully Monetized?
Step 1. Go to YouTube Analytics.
Step 2. Change the custom date-range to the last 365 days.
Step 3. See Watch Time across your entire channel.
Step 4. Divide total minutes of watch time by 60.
After the step 4, you will get your total hours of watch time for the past year. What does your annual watch time mean? If your annual watch time is more than 4000 hours, your channel is fully monetized. In contrast, if your annual watch time is less than 4000 hours, you should focus on boosting your watch-time.
Tips on how to increase your watch time are offered here.
- Look at your audience retention stats to see what percentage of viewers are sticking around to view your content in its entirety.
- Find trends in your most popular content and use similar ideas in your new videos.
- Not much content on your channel could explain the low watch time. Making more videos can solve it easily.
YouTube is a platform that expects you to engage with your audience, upload content frequently, and share all kinds of stuff.
How to Enable Monetization on YouTube?
After you have reached the required number of subscribers and watch hours, and checked your channel for red flags, it’s time to learn how to enable monetization on YouTube.
Step 1. Log in to your account, click your profile in the top right corner, select Channel, and click Status and features.
Step 2. In the medium of the screen, click Enable in the Monetization section.
Step 3. Follow the on-screen steps to accept YouTube's Terms and set your monetization preferences.
However, monetizing on YouTube isn’t as simple as clicking a button. It typically takes 30 days for YouTube to review your application. Therefore, please wait patiently.
Recommend article: How to Make Money on YouTube - 9 Highly Efficient Ways.
Hopefully this post can help you clarify something about YouTube monetization. Of course, if you have any question about YouTube monetization, please let us know via [email protected] or share it in the comments section below.